Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Video Game Frugality, Free Charities, & Joe Berry

One of my favorite frugality blogs, The Simple Dollar talked about video game frugality and getting the most bang for your buck. Not too long ago I talked about the joys of free gaming on the net his advice focuses on console gaming.

Ever want to give to a charity but you didn't have a spare time or a spare dime? Let advertisers foot the bill. The Literacy Site allows you to click through once a day to help fund the purchase of books, this site also has donation pages for hunger, breast cancer, child health, the rain forest, and animal rescue. The Ecology Fund, has a very similar mode of operation but it focuses entirely on environmental issues. FreeRice is unique in that you can make as many small donations of rice as you want, and you get to test your vocabulary while you do it.

Lately I have been on a music kick so I have to mention FineTune. This slick little site allows you to create your own mini-net radio with play lists of music. I have also recently had the honor of meeting country singer and all around cool guy Joe Berry today. Personally I am a big New Wave, Punk Rock, Celtic Rock (ETH Rules!), Classical, Big Band Jazz, and Heavy metal fan, but I have got to say country is growing on me.

No comments: